Medium Excavators 323 - Tier 3
High Performance with Speed and EfficiencyThe Cat® 323 combines speed, efficiency, and power. Standard technology right from the factory help boost operator efficiency by up to 45%. Combine these features with a new cab, longer maintenance intervals and reduced fuel consumption to lower maintenance costs by up to 20% and fuel consumption by up to 15 percent.
Up To 15% Less Fuel ConsumptionA precise combination of lower engine speed and a large hydraulic pump delivers top performance while burning less fuel.
Up To 20% Lower Maintenance CostsExtended and more synchronized maintenance intervals increase uptime and reduce costs compared to the previous model.
Up To 45% More operating efficiencyOffering the industry’s highest level of standard factory-equipped technology, including Cat Grade with 2D, Grade with Assist and Payload.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
MOVE MORE WITH LESS FUEL
- Use up to 15% less fuel than the Cat 323D2 excavator.
- Increase operator efficiency by up to 45% with a suite of Cat technologies and lower operator fatigue and your operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance.
- Match the excavator to the job using power modes; let Smart mode automatically match engine and hydraulic power to your working conditions.
- The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging requirements.
- The electronically controlled, turbocharged engine can run on biodiesel up to B20 and meets Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards.
- Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments.
- Don't let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has a standard high-ambient temperature capability of 52º C (125º F) and cold start capability of -18º C (0º F). An optional -32º C (-25º F) cold start package is available.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Boost productivity up to 45% vs traditional grading with the standard Cat GRADE with 2D system– includes indicate-only and laser capability.
- Dig with real-time guidance on depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade.
- The 2D system is upgradable to Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D or Cat GRADE with 3D.
- Standard Grade Assist -
- Stay on grade - simply and effortlessly -with single-lever digging.
- Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications for easy, accurate, and fast jobs.
- Keep your tracks on the ground in lifting and hard digging with Boom Assist. Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel.
- Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system -
- Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging.
- Take payload data with you. The monitor’s USB port lets you download your results from one shift all the way up to 30 days of work so can manage your progress without needing an internet connection or VisionLink subscription.
- Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and load/cycle counts.
- Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes.
- Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D -
- Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor.
- Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D -
- Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage's full range of motion on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor.
- Know the excavator's exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems.
- Already invested in another brand’s 3D system? No problem. Standard Cat technology like GRADE with 2D can readily integrate with that system to give you the precise results you need.
- The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch and roll caused by sloping ground conditions.
- Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink® online interface, helping you improve jobsite efficiency with lower operating costs.
- All Cat Grade systems are compatible with radios and base stations from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica. Already invested in a grade infrastructure? You can install grade systems from Trimble, Topcon, and Leica onto the machine.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS
- Two cab options – Comfort and Deluxe – let you choose the level of comfort you need.
- Enjoy wide spacing between consoles for a more comfortable environment.
- Sit in new, wide seats that adjust for operators of all sizes (heated option available).
- Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console (in Deluxe cab only).
- Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls located in front of you.
- Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature throughout your shift.
- Improved viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50% over our previous excavator models.
- Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage behind and beneath the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are included.
- The standard radio has USB ports and Bluetooth® technology enabled to connect your device and make hands-free calls.
BUILT FOR LONG TERM PRODUCTION
- Protect hydraulic components in cold weather. The auto warm-up feature speeds hydraulic oil warming in cooler temperatures.
- The fuel system is protected from contamination of fuel by three levels of filtration.
- Bottom guarding protects engine and hydraulic components from damage while swinging and traveling.
- The hydraulic tank with a new oval shape is designed to improve stress resistance.
- The strong X-structure lower frame carries loads from the excavator's upper structure to the track.
- Travel motor hydraulic lines are routed inside of the frame to protect them from damage.
- The sloped track frame design prevents mud and debris from accumulating and damaging tracks.
- The grease lubricated tracks have grease sealed between the pin and bushing to prevent debris from entering and reducing life.
- The track rollers are sealed to prevent dirt and debris causing wear of internal components.
- A bolt-on track guiding guard helps maintain track alignment while traveling or working on slopes.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
- You can navigate quickly on the standard high-resolution 203 mm (8 in) touchscreen monitor, or with the optional 254 mm (8 in) touchscreen monitor, or with the aid of the jog dial control.
- A second 254 mm (10 in) monitor is available for the advanced grade control.
- Start the engine with a push button; use a Bluetooth key fob, smartphone app, or the unique Operator ID function.
- Match the excavator's operation to your digging style by adjusting the joystick response and programming the function of each joystick button.
- Protect your hammer from overworking. Auto hammer stop warns you after 15 seconds of continuous firing and then automatically shuts it off after 30 seconds -- all to prevent wear and tear on the attachment and excavator.
- The Cat PL161 Attachment Locator is a Bluetooth device that makes finding your attachments and other gear quick and easy. The excavator's onboard Bluetooth reader or Cat App on your phone will locate the device automatically.
- Save more time and energy with the available work tool recognition feature. A simple shake of the attached tool confirms its identity; it also ensures all the attachment settings are correct so you can get to work quickly and efficiently.
- Auto Dig Boost increases power by up to 8% for better bucket penetration, shorter cycle times, and greater payloads.
- Make moving the excavator much easier with Cat Stick Steer. Simply push a button and use one hand to travel and turn instead of both hands or feet on levers or pedals.
- Need more lift during your shift? Turn on Auto Heavy Lift and get 8% more power exactly when you need it for as long as you need it.
LOWER MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Extended maintenance intervals reduce maintenance costs by 20% over the 323D2 series excavator (savings calculated over 12,000 machine hours).
- Reversing electric cooling fans make it easy to clean radiator, oil coolers, and condensers.
- Using Cat genuine oil and filters and doing your typical S∙O∙S monitoring will double the current service interval to 1,000 hours, giving you greater uptime to do more work.
- An all-new engine air cleaner with integrated pre-cleaner has twice the life of radial seal air cleaners.
- The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3,000 hour replacement interval – 50% longer than previous filter designs.
- Track your excavator's filter life and maintenance intervals via the in-cab monitor.
- Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new engine oil dipstick located on ground level.
- S·O·S ports with extended sampling intervals are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allows for quick easy extraction of samples
SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY
- Work safely under structures or near traffic with the standard 2D E-fence feature integrated right out of the factory, which prevents any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points to avoid hazards and jobsite accidents.
- Access 100% of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of the excavator.
- Keep your excavator secure. Use your PIN code on the monitor or the Bluetooth key fobto enable the pushbutton starting feature.
- The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2 2008 requirements.
- Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab posts and larger windows.
- A rearview camera is standard and upgradable to an optional 360° visibility camera for visibility all around the excavator, allowing the operator to easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view.
- The new right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping.
- The handrails comply with ISO2867 requirements.
- Make service work easier and safer with optional inspection lighting. With the flip of a switch, lights will illuminate the engine, pump, battery, and radiator compartments to enhance visibility.
- Cat Detect - People Detection helps protect the most valuable asset on any jobsite – people. The system uses smart cameras with depth sensors to provide the operator with visual and auditory alerts so he or she can take immediate action when a person is too close to the excavator.
FULL SPECIFICATIONS FOR 323 - TIER 3
|Net Power - ISO 9249||117 kW|
|Engine Model||Cat C7.1|
|Engine Power - ISO 14396||118 kW|
|Main System - Maximum Flow||429 l/min (113 gal/min)|
|Maximum Pressure - Equipment||35000 kPa|
|Maximum Pressure - Travel||34300 kPa|
|Maximum Pressure - Swing||27500 kPa|
|Swing Speed||11.25 r/min|
|Maximum Swing Torque||82 kN·m|
|Operating Weight||24600 kg|
SERVICE REFILL CAPACITIES115 l
|Fuel Tank Capacity||345 l|
|Cooling System||25 l|
|Engine Oil||25 l|
|Swing Drive - Each||12 l|
|Final Drive - Each||5 l|
|Hydraulic System - Including Tank||234 l|
|Boom||Reach 5.7 m (18'8")|
|Stick||Reach R2.9B1 (9'6")|
|Bucket||HD 1.30 m³ (1.70 yd³)|
|Shipping Height - Top of Cab||2960 mm|
|Handrail Height||2950 mm|
|Shipping Length||9530 mm|
|Tail Swing Radius||2830 mm|
|Counterweight Clearance||1050 mm|
|Ground Clearance||470 mm|
|Track Length||4450 mm|
|Length to Center of Rollers||3650 mm|
|Track Gauge||2380 mm|
|Transport Width||2980 mm|
WORKING RANGES & FORCES
|Maximum Digging Depth||6730 mm|
|Boom||Reach 5.7 m (18'8")|
|Stick||Reach R2.9B1 (9'6")|
|Bucket||HD 1.30 m³ (1.70 yd³)|
|Maximum Reach at Ground Level||9870 mm|
|Maximum Cutting Height||9450 mm|
|Maximum Loading Height||6480 mm|
|Minimum Loading Height||2160 mm|
|Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom||6560 mm|
|Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth||5620 mm|
|Bucket Digging Force - ISO||140 kN|
|Stick Digging Force - ISO||107 kN|